Plan Your Trip to Greece
- Tours and Cruises of Greece and the Greek Islands
- Events and Festivals
- Discovering Greece
- Learning Tourist Greek
Greece Travel 101
Here are the essentials to get started planning your trip to Greece. Even before you start considering islands and other destinations in Greece, this will help you define your dream trip.
Quick Tips and How-tos
Little things can mean a lot when you're planning your trip to Greece ... and knowing some simple details can make the difference between a smooth trip or an unnecessarily challenging one.
Getting to Greece
There are many ways to get to Greece - some wildly romantic like a four-week transatlantic and Mediterranean repositioning cruise on a luxury ocean liner. Some are simple - hopping on a plane. And some challenging, like driving across Europe or piecing together a train trip through the Baltics. But however you choose to go to Greece, the journey will be worth it.
- How to Find Cheap Flights to Greece
- Repositioning Cruises to and from Greece
- Taking the Train to Greece
- Deals and Specials
- Early-Booking Discounts
Getting Around Greece
Congratulations! You're in Greece. Now how do you get out of Athens?
- Greek Ferries and Hydrofoils
- Driving in Greece - Frenzy and Freedom
- Rules of the Road in Greece
- Buses and Trains in Greece
- Renting a Car in Greece
- Taxis and Private Cars
- Renting a Motorcycle in Greece
- Limousine Rental in Greece
Maps of Greece
Having a good map of Greece in your pocket - and perhaps another, bigger map of Greece in your baggage - can make the difference between a frustrating and confusing trip to Greece and one that lets you expand your horizons painlessly.
Tours and Cruises of Greece and the Greek Islands
Organized tours of Greece may not be for everyone, but for many travelers to Greece, combining a tour or cruise of Greece with your own independent travels provides the best of both Greek worlds.
- Before You Buy Greek Tours and Cruises
- Tips on Greek Tours
- Short Trips In and Around Athens
- Greek Tours and Cruises
- Poseidon Cruises
- Virgin Vacations
- Princess Greek Island Cruise
- Plan a Mamma Mia Trip to Greece
- Gate One Tours of Greece
- Kayaking the Coast of Crete
- Peter Sommer Tours
Events and Festivals
Enhance your trip to Greece by including one of these special events.
- Annual Music Festivals in Greece
- Holidays, Events, and Festivals in Greece
- Ikarus Rock Festival
- Epidaurus Festival
- Easter in Greece
- Christmas in Greece
- Valentine's Day in Greece
- Feast of the Assumption August 15th
- Greek Independence Day March 25th
- Battle of Crete Commemoration
Greece is more than just Athens and Santorini. Both are wonderful locations, but Greece has even more to offer.
Learning Tourist Greek
You don't need to know Greek to enjoy your trip, but a few words can both smooth your welcome and ease your travels.
- Learn the Greek Alphabet in Eight Easy Lessons
- Read Greek Road Signs
- Greek Alphabet E-Course
- Greek Greetings - Don't Call Grandma A Squid