The Bottom Line
- Clean rooms with great views, especially on the highest floors.
- Low rates.
- Friendly owner.
- Great bayside restaurant.
- Some rooms are nicely configured for families, some with kitchenette.
- Rooms on the top floors have many, many steps and there is no elevator.
- Closed during the winter.
- No website.
- The hotel is whitewashed with blue shutters - a description that tells you little in whitewashed, blue-trimmed Loutro.
- There's Internet access for a fee next door at the Daskalogiannis Hotel.
- Loutro wakes late, as do most traditional Greek villages where dinner ended at 11pm, so if you're up early, be considerate.
- Rates start at about 35 Euro for a double, depending on the time of year.
- The hotel is open May-October.
Guide Review - Madares Inn
Madares Hotel and Apartments
Chania, Crete, Greece
Telephone: (011 30) 282 509 1166 or +30 6972228170